BeamLab is an award-winning set of simulation tools for beam propagation through optical devices and waveguides in your familiar MATLAB® environment. Examples encompass a large variety of propagation scenarios for both bulk and waveguide optics including lenses, gratings, apertures, couplers, splitters, multiplexers, and modulators.
New release v1.1: Now with material database and parallel computing (September 2017)
Intuitive user interface based on the powerful MATLAB® environment
High flexibility in waveguide design and post-processing of any output data
Extensive visualization options for videos and print-ready plots
Unlimited Plotting Options
The following few lines of code produce a video that shows the light vortex in a multimode fiber generated by a Gaussian beam at oblique incidence and slightly offset from the fiber axis.
- MATLAB® toolboxes implementing a Beam Propagation Method (BPM) solver and a waveguide mode solver
- Intuitive user interface based on MATLAB® – no hassle with learning a new proprietary language
- Full-vectorial and semi-vectorial beam propagation and mode analysis based on the finite difference method
- 3D or 2D analysis
- Wide-angle and nonlinear beam propagation
- Different types of boundary and symmetry conditions
- High flexibility in waveguide and input field design with steadily growing library of easy-to-use functions
- High flexibility in implementing various parameter sweeps and optimization problems1
- High flexibility in post-processing and editing any output data and graphs to your liking
- Parallel computing using multicore processors and computer clusters2
- Extensive plotting and visualization options
- Platform-independent (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- For advanced optimization problems BeamLab supports the MATLAB® Optimization Toolbox™.
- Requires MATLAB® Parallel Computing Toolbox™.
- Flexible licensing models: Buy BeamLab for 3, 6, or 12 months or as a subscription.
- Priority support: As a customer you will receive priority support, first in line!
- 30 day money back guarantee: Should you not be fully satisfied with BeamLab you will receive a full refund.